[NTLK] Battery going flat

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Mon Jul 3 11:13:17 EDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 03:44 Herbert <redeo at iprimus.com.au> wrote:

> Hi there does anyone know when using cf card with adapter why the little
> star at top of display is always active and ready to unmount card and is
> draining my rechargeable battery quickly on my 2100. Does it do this using
> the ata card drivers?

Yes, the star icon is the primary means of unmounting an ATA card when
using Paul Guyot's ATA drivers (the only way to use ATA drivers). ATA cards
like CF cards draw more power than standard linear flash cards, I'm not
sure how much of that is specifically related to how the drivers are
written (or had to be for NewtonOS).

--
Morgan
---