[NTLK] Easy Connection to Hackintosh

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Tue May 9 02:59:04 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 12:34 AM Noah Leon <moosefuel at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently picked up a MessagePad 2100 (my first, I’ve only ever had the
> 2000), and another E-Mate. It came with a couple of PC-type serial cables.
> I never connect my Newt to my Macbook because of the drivers and dongles
> mess that it is, but I connected the serial cable to a PC running MacOS
> which I put together for fun, and it works flawlessly. I can now sync using
> the wonderful NCX, great for backups and installing packages. Just thought
> I’d mention installing MacOS might be a good way for you folks who use a PC
> to connect ;-)

How does one get a serial port in a modern PC? I recently built a gMac (my
new name for Hackintoshes--generic Mac), and none of the boards I looked
that that seemed to support the gMac had serial ports. PS-2 ports, yes, but
not serial. Are there cards one can add? This sounds very intriguing and
enticing!
Jon Glass
jonglass at usa.net
jonglass at mac.com