[NTLK] Advice on recelling an eMate300 battery pack

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:45:59 EDT 2017

I just re-celled an eMate that I acquired so that my daughter could use it.

Mine was a bit of a hack, I used IKEA NIMH batteries, but I think if you
can get a hold of an RC battery pack that would be much better. Just be
sure to get one with a lot of milliamps, the higher the longer it will
last. Changing the battery is relatively easy, you only have to remove the
two screws on the bottom and it's pretty straightforward from there if you
have some experience soldering. What I would be concerned about also is
whether your hinges are in good shape. I opened mine up at the urging of
Frank Gruendel and found that the hinge had popped loose and almost
punctured the display cable.

I spent a few hours with the guides below and fixed the hinges. It wasn't
difficult, just time-consuming. About 4hrs in all since it was my first
time.

http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_battery_pack.html
http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/pages/newton-emate-hinge.html