[NTLK] [ANN] Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map

B Dudney kosmicdollop at saber.net
Mon Apr 2 18:09:33 EDT 2018

You asked for info about using Newton: Before I retired, Newtie was my primary computer in my medical practice, keeping track of virtually all my data, including patient lab results, notes I made during their visits, my bank accounts, tracking bills to pay, appointments, patient contact info, messages to call them, etc. Relatively little was on paper.

Palmedic was very handy for always having patient data with me wherever I was: I worked at several locations in different parts of N CA.

And apps like MoreInfo and PowerNames made it by far the most user-friendly, fully integrated, most efficient and elegant PIM* ever! In such a small form factor, with good battery life!
*Personal Information Manager

Arguably Jobs’ worst crime was when dear Newtie got Steved. They’d already done pretty much all the development work it needed. Why kill something so perfect?!!! — Or did Bill Gates insist?

I’m on the map in N California.

Thanks mucho!

you wrote:

> http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk

via cable from low-power MacBook lacking wireless devices,
hence radiating no deadly EMR connectivity: see RadiateNot.Me;
plus powered by non-radiating coaxial DC cable from utility shed
where wall wart* EMR is indetectably far away
                           *standard Apple shielded power supply = less emissions