[NTLK] Newt's Cape is now freeware

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Wed Apr 25 11:56:13 EDT 2018

Thanks Steve.  Newt's Cape is certainly the best browser for our Newts. It is sad web sites these days has become so bloated and not many follow the "rules".  Sites have become slower and slower with all of the bloat and it becomes frustrating trying to use them even on a modern  machine.  Or adopt crazy methods such as Facebook's idea of no pages but rather a continuous roll where you can't jump around with ease.  And the page "rubber bands" around over and over again as you scroll (and more bits load in).

Ah I wish we could have the simpler web days back, the days of function over flash.  To me it feels like we had great wheels and then someone comes around and says "hey I have a great idea, if we change the shape and put points on the end we won't roll down the hill so fast.  Not to mention we can decorate them better with the added surface area."  And now we are all driving around with square wheels.

-Dan