[NTLK] Cannot install NCU on Mac OS 9

sir iZaac sirizaac at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 20:25:27 EDT 2018

> -----------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 21:40:07 +0200
From: r0 <r0+newton at stupid.industries>
To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net
Subject: [NTLK] Cannot install NCU on Mac OS 9

Hi there,

I'm running 9.2.2 on a iMac G3 DV+ and I just received a serial cable
and a Keyspan USA-28X.

I can't manage to install NCU on that machine : the installer gets stuck
at "Preparing to install..", and nothing happens, besides the cursor
spinning.
Trying to kill the installer locks the Finder with another installer
process, and trying to kill it spawns MacsBug continously.

Is this normal? Should I use another software to communicate with the
Newton?

Thanks for your help.

Have you turned off the extensions ? Hold down the Shift key whilst restarting your iMac. Select Easy Install, then proceed to install NCU. Restart your iMac normally.

Newton Never Dies. It just gets it's batteries recharged.

Keep praying for rain ☔🙏☝

Mailed from my tree house

sir iZaac