[NTLK] Was: H1000 battery and charger issue, Now: NiMH battery life?

Gene Beaird bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 26 12:52:16 EDT 2018

Okay, like Mr. Dudney below, I, too had tried the NiCad route many years (decades?) ago, and found them to be almost useless.  With this latest discussion, I went out and purchased some NiMH batteries and a charging station.  Unfortunately, I forgot the Newton takes AA, and picked up two packages of AAA.  No biggie, since we do have some devices around the house that use AAA, I’ll keep the one set I pulled out of the packaging for those, and return the other set for a package of AAs.

I do have a nagging question, though; how long can I expect these batteries to last on a charge?  I don’t use the Newton much anymore, and ANY amount of time is better than the ZERO seconds we get out of the factory battery pack, but one of the things that turned me off on the NiCad was the short span of time before they had to be thrown into the charger.  Thanks for any input.

Regards,

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas