[NTLK] Was: H1000 battery and charger issue, Now: NiMH battery life?

Gene Beaird bgbeaird at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 26 17:02:05 EDT 2018

Jason, Forrest, thank you for the quick reply.  It’s been probably a decade at least, since I’ve used NiCad, so I have no clue how long they lasted, but remember I was swapping them out with great frequency, and it seemed, even more often than regular batteries.

I seem to remember 3-5 day charge time with the batter pack, but back then, I was using the Newton much more often.  When I was at my desk, though, I had the thing plugged in most of the time.  I don’t use them much anymore.  In fact, they usually sit on our bar, one plugged in, and the other running on a set of regular batteries.  I did get a NOS battery pack several years ago, but, I guess because of it’s ultimate age, it didn’t give me much more than about 3 hours time between charges.  Hoping to get at least a week with rechargeables with the Newtons sitting mostly idle.  We’ll see.

That helps.  Thanks.

Regards,

Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas