[NTLK] Looking for people participating in making a Newton song for Noah's film

Doug ispinn at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 15:16:20 EST 2018

I've been a director in the Barbershop Harmony Society for six years. I've
been singing bass and baritone for thirty years.

English is not Frank's native language. Nonetheless, publicly risking this
level of creativity and raw exposure in any group takes huge courage. Props
to Frank.

Let me cut to a chase: when writing parody, the best pieces are constructed
to sound as much like the original pieces as possible, syllable by
syllable. Because of the difficulty in replacing words with other close
sounding words which--syllable by syllable--sound almost exactly the same
but convey different meaning, well, constructing brilliant parody is really
tough work, but when it's done well, it's really, really good.

This could end up being "design by committee." We know how that sometimes
turns out... Nonetheless, my reason for writing this is motivated by
positive intent.

Doug