[NTLK] Problem with Farallon Ethernet PC Card

Allen Russell Allen.Russell at linde.com
Wed Jan 17 09:26:09 EST 2018

Pawel,

This Ethernet card is fully compatible with the Newton OS 2.1.  It uses the farallon.pkg to work with NIE.  Do you have farollon.pkg?  It will not work with other drivers such as morewifi.pkg.

Do you have the manual that came with the card?  If not, I could scan it and send it.

Which connector for the card do you have?  10baseT?  The 10baseT version comes with it's own two port hub on the cable.  It is normal that the LED on the 10baseT hub light up with the card is connected, but so save the battery charge, they turn off until data actually is transmitted.

Allen

>Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:51:32 +0000

>From: "Piotrowski Pawe? (Newton)"       <newton at indigi.co.uk<mailto:newton at indigi.co.uk>>

>To: NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net<mailto:newtontalk at newtontalk.net>>

>Subject: [NTLK] Problem with Farallon Ethernet PC Card

>Hi Newtons!

I> get Farallon Ethernet PC Card (EtherWave and EtherMac) - here is photo: https://http2.mlstatic.com/mac-vintage-farallon-ethernet-pc-card-pcmcia-21-D_NQ_NP_5026-MLA4075658628_042013-F.jpg <https://http2.mlstatic.com/mac-vintage-farallon-ethernet-pc-card-pcmcia-21-D_NQ_NP_5026-MLA4075658628_042013-F.jpg>

>Newton recognise this card as ?Farallon Enet PC Card. I did proper setup etc. But card can?t get connection. Is it not a Newton software problem, >because other cards working fine on this Newton. Only this Farallon have problem. During trying get connection, the LED on card light up (and on >newtork switch too) only. That is all. Newton can?t connect.

>Any ideas? I tried install other packages with drivers but I have no luck. Should I try something else?

>Best regards,

>Pawel Piotrowski

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential and is provided solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail, its attachments or any information contained therein is unauthorized and prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments. No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software...