[NTLK] Which laptop emblem of Newtons

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sun Jan 21 09:46:46 EST 2018

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 11:16 AM Cédric SARTOUT <cedric at sartoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
> thank you for your feedback. the 1400 seems favorites. I hesitate anyway
> because finally my powerbook g3 PDQ of 1998 is the latest powerbook with
> the serial port for Newton and moreover it has the irda that allows to
> install the wireless packages. For the moment I will keep mine and in
> addition it costs me nothing ;-) thank you again

If you have a PDQ/WallStreet, then I wouldn't look any further. If i had to
recommend a model, this is the one I'd recommend for Newton connectivity.
The PB1400 feels throttled in comparison, and mine always crashed on me.
Maybe it's because I had a Sonnet G3 card in it, but I much preferred my
Pismo to my 1400. My 1400 lasted me a couple years, while my Pismo 8 years
as a daily driver. The Wallstreet is almost as good, but for working with a
Newton, it's even better. I kept a mirror behind my Pismo just for using
the IR with my Newton. You are good. IMO

Jon Glass
jonglass at usa.net
jonglass at mac.com