[NTLK] Love Notes: Restarting Newton development?!

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 23:38:14 EDT 2018

In regards to writing a new Newton OS, I think (correct me if I am wrong)
what Matthias is suggesting is that we copy what we can and improvise the
rest to build an entirely new copy of the Newton OS. It would probably be
built on some version of C and then have Newtonscript in there as well. If
it has WallyScript (NewtonScript) then it would probably run most of the
old apps fine also if need be.

What would it run on? Possibly any ARM device with a touchscreen.

It would be like finally creating Newton Inc., and would no longer rely on
Apple's hardware or code.

If that happens I guess I'll finally take the time to learn how to code :-)

I wonder what the legal entanglements are.