[NTLK] Newton Hall of Fame

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:21:06 EDT 2018

Hi everyone.

Working on the film got me thinking that there are a lot of stories I haven’t been able to tell in an hour and forty minutes, it would be nice if there were a companion book or Wiki which I could post people and stories about the Newton, some probably lifted right from Newtontalk, with the eye to eventually making some sort of coffee table book.

It would be a lot like the existing Newton Hall of Fame: https://msu.edu/~luckie/hallofame.htm <https://msu.edu/~luckie/hallofame.htm> but updated to include people such as Paul Guyot, etc.

Something similar was done for Andy Hertzfeld’s Folklore.org <http://folklore.org/> site, which I believe ended up being a book called “revolution in the Valley” with some of the best stories. I would think in our case it would be more similar to “Defying Gravity”, a big coffee table book with photos and history.

I know Sylvain has expressed interest in the book aspect, but I think that it would have to begin as a wiki or other online website first in order to gather and edit the material. Does anyone think this would be a good idea, has anyone tried before?

noah