[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 57, Issue 10

Robert Serna japecan at att.net
Sun Sep 9 18:07:15 EDT 2018

> On Sep 9, 2018, at 10:00 AM, newtontalk-request at newtontalk.net wrote:
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 12:36 -0700
> From: "Forrest Buffenmyer" <newton_phoenix at mindspring.com <mailto:newton_phoenix at mindspring.com>>
> To: "NewtonTalk" <newtontalk at newtontalk.net <mailto:newtontalk at newtontalk.net>>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 57, Issue 9
>
> Here's a simple quest?on---are you able to successfully send and receive email? (By that I mean, with no error messages or crashes.) If so, then I think you're okay.
>
> There will be times when MailV will crash downloading new email. This Is usually because the Newton can't handle some types of email--those that have frames, images, etc. Best to have an email setup JUST FOR emailing to and from NTLK, which is just simple text.
>
> Years ago users of NTLK were encouraged to be considerate of those that still used their Newtons for email--remove old messages as part of the thread, for example, which just clogged up its memory. But as Newton use declined, that practice was abandoned.
> --
> Mahalo,
> Forrest
>
> (Proudly sent from my MP2100 using Mail V)

  Forrest,

  Good afternoon now!  I saw your email earlier in Digest Mode and saw your simple question.  I’ve been stuck in Receive mode for 26 days
and saw before that you can tramsmit but that just never ever dawned on me till now.  So I tried sending an email with my MP2000U
to my @yahoo.com and THERE IT WAS!.  So half the problem now. I can send emails with the MP2000u.  Just in case for others I use
Centurylink as my ISP.  Now i’m playing with mailv preference to see how I can just get the email I want instead of everything.

  Your last sentence also brought back memories, so I searched the Newtontlk archives and actually found an email to Grant to increase my
allocated space because I had over 5000 [NTLK] emails so he did give me more space back then.  I’m brain dead now.

  Robert