[NTLK] Leaky battery!

Steven Frank stevenf at panic.com
Thu Sep 13 15:25:01 EDT 2018

Hi folks,

Just pulled some Newton stuff out of storage and discovered I have a battery pack that's leaking / corroded pretty badly.  Couple pics:

https://stevenf.com/gfx/mp2100-battery-leak-1.jpg <https://stevenf.com/gfx/mp2100-battery-leak-1.jpg>
https://stevenf.com/gfx/mp2100-battery-leak-2.jpg <https://stevenf.com/gfx/mp2100-battery-leak-2.jpg>

Fortunately this was not stored _in_ a Newton, just in the same box, so the Newton is fine.

I have other, rebuilt packs I can use, and a battery sled, so this isn't going to ruin my day, but I'm wondering: is it worth trying to salvage the case plastics so it can be rebuilt, or is it just dangerous trash at this point?

Steven