[NTLK] I haven't done this for a long time...

Dennis Swaney romad at nvwisp.com
Fri Sep 21 15:48:28 EDT 2018

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 12:25 PM, "Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" <
newton at indigi.co.uk> wrote:

> > On 21 Sep 2018, at 16:21, Grant Hutchinson <newtontalkmessages at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Putting on my “List Dad” hat ... I should probably send out list
> etiquette reminders every once in a while, like Victor did in the olden
> days.
>
> Hi List Dad,
>
> I think this is good idea. During years I did like netiquette, but every
> year I saw more and more people who did not care about it, so I stoped take
> care too.
>
> But I’m happy to go back to this, if that is the NT list rule.
>

> Best regards,
> Pawel Piotrowski

The quote trimming is definitely required if the sender DOES use proper
netiquette and write their reply AFTER/BELOW the message to which it
applies. However if the sender uses Microsoft's "standard" and writes their
reply BEFORE/ABOVE the message to which it applies then it isn't that
critical as most earlier posts aren't visible without scrolling anyway.

The netiquette I learned is best exemplified by the Q&A format where the
Answer always follows the Question:
Question (Quoted Text)
Answer (Reply)

(Pawel obviously went this route above)

The Microsoft way:
Answer
Question

(Sometimes I think Bill Gates played way too much Jeopardy!)

Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"I think, therefore I Mac"