[NTLK] I haven't done this for a long time...

Dennis Swaney romad at nvwisp.com
Sat Sep 22 12:41:51 EDT 2018

GMail also does it when you are writing, but if you click on the small
rectangle with the 3 dots, it shows everything below the text you are
writing. Of course GMail uses the "Answer before Question" format.

As for Mail.app, go to Mail>Preferences>Composing for setting how you want
quoting done.

Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"I think, therefore I Mac"