[NTLK] Trouble with the ftdi chipset cable

Elias Basse kd5jfe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 15:35:40 EDT 2019

Rufus, your cable is a ttl cable, the serial port is rs232/485 dual capable if I remember correctly.  That cable while having the right connector shouldn’t work due to the ttl levels and a different pinout than the newton cable.

The Yaesu radio it’s made for only supports ttl level serial commands.  I just looked up the pinout.

Best Regards,

Elias

Sent from my iPhone