[NTLK] Pine64 Devices

Jeff Sheldon jeffsheldon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 08:47:25 EST 2019

> On Dec 6, 2019, at 06:26, David Arnold <davida at pobox.com> wrote:
>
> One thing that might make such a device additionally attractive is
> that you could run various proxy services on the Linux side to support

This is exactly right.  An Einstein API and complimentary concierge daemon would be no small undertaking, but it could lead to features such as tap-to-call from the contacts app or via intelligent assist and perform a handoff back and forth to low-level phone services such as OFono.

I haven’t tried compiling Einstein in Linux I’m quite some time nor on ARM (at least in qemu), but will see how to process goes.  I can see the Pinebooks now as a potentially reasonable development environment despite the modest design.

-Jeff