[NTLK] UNNA

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Wed Feb 27 13:06:03 EST 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 11:14 Noah Leon <moosefuel at gmail.com> wrote:

> So how is Morgan doing on UNNA? I would love to see it back up.
>
> Morgan, do you need any help from us?

TL;DR: I haven't made much progress, and could use some help soon, but I'm
still not sure what kind of help yet.

Eerily timed question, Noah. Unfortunately, work and poor health have been
getting in the way of my server recovery until relatively recently, but I
have been making progress in the general direction of the UNNA data. I
spent an hour this morning reviewing the UNNA backups and other data
recovered from the server. I have some work ahead of me to move & duplicate
the backups as it's far more data than I recalled.

The data is all stored in one massive Subversion repository that I'll be
teasing out into separate smaller repositories for the likes of the
separate mirrors, tools, and www subdomains, plus the archive itself, then
ultimately migrating to git. UNNA has a GitHub organization and I'll be
putting the git repos there (after sanitizing any sensitive data that may
have wormed its way into the repos), with the exception of the archive repo
itself. For legal reasons, the archive repo itself, and probably the
mirrors.unna.org may not be able to be hosted on GitHub, at least publicly,
so I'm looking at alternatives there.

As for needing assistance, I'm a little unsure, but I really want to say
yes. My goal is to make few/no changes to the old website implementation
and instead get the data storage modernized and managed by a small team, at
the same time setting up structure for community mirroring of the site &
data. The git repos will help with the majority of that, and I don't see
that there's much assistance anyone else can provide there, I just need to
make some time. I could definitely bounce numerous ideas off people, but
that might eat into my availability for working on the repos.

Morgan
--
Morgan
---