[NTLK] [ADMIN] Monthly Mailing List Membership Reminders

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Wed Jun 5 16:58:05 EDT 2019

> On Jun 4, 2019, at 4:44 PM, Sylvain Pilet <sylvain at pilet.net> wrote:
>
> But I'd like to understand, you're saying that the Mailman Listing sends our list password in plain text, right?
> But what password are you talking about? We do not need a password to register on the list. I think I'm missing something.

When you sign up for the mailing list, you are basically creating an account on the server to deal with the Mailman software. The password allows you to access your list membership information and change various settings. The most popular settings (setting vacation mode, setting digest mode, etc.) can be changed by sending commands via email to the server, so the web interface isn‘t really needed.

g.