[NTLK] I miss the Newton

Jeff Sheldon jeffsheldon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 16:56:58 EDT 2019

Doctor Clu,

You bring up an interesting aspect in the development of the Newton.
The folks of Magic Cap, mostly ex-Apple, were building their device
with network-connectedness in mind and make that same distinction
about the Newton being primarily off-grid here:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2018/08/general-magic-oral-history-of-the-influential-tech-company.html

They make a strong claim about how, as their product objectives and
designs progressed, Sculley popped in and took copious notes in order
to fold choice elements into the Newton design.  Quite a read for
anyone interested in digital assistant design of the time.

-Jeff

--
-Jeff