[NTLK] Building Einstein in Android Studio

Igor Bertolucci igorbertolucci at gmail.com
Tue May 7 22:14:15 EDT 2019

Hello Everyone,

While working on my Shrinking Newt project I am also working on getting a fully functional version of Einstein on the Onyx Boox Nova Pro, which runs Android 6.0. I have downloaded the latest source code from GitHub and followed the instructions for Android Studio, however I am receiving a number of errors and am not able to complete the build. Please see the following photo album to see the step by step procedure I followed and the errors I am receiving.

https://flickr.com/photos/40558080@N04/sets/72157708322646175

My intention is to first get a running build of the latest versioned Einstein then play around with it and see if I can figure out a way to get the Onyx pen driver, which is open source, to work with it so that the pen strokes on the Nova Pro display in real-time just like in their stock note app. At them moment I have a working version of Einstein installed on the Nova, but it is dated 05.01.2013. It works quite well and rather fast but I am not able to get the dock to sync data to my Mac via TCP/IP Dock. I followed the instructions and have succeeded in  getting courier to connect to the internet and I am able to connect to NCX, however I am not able to see the data on the Newton or install any packages. NCX just says “fetching stores” and sits there for ever until Einstein disconnects. See photos in flicker album.

https://flickr.com/photos/40558080@N04/sets/72157706978865321

If someone has any suggestions on building Einstein in Android Studio or on getting my older version of Einstein syncing with NCX I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Cheers,

Igor