[NTLK] Has anyone got news of Frank?

Jeff Sheldon jeffsheldon at gmail.com
Sun May 12 16:42:24 EDT 2019

“Close friends I’ll never meet” is somewhat depressing.

I get that we can’t all make it to infrequent user meets in distant parts of the world, but I wonder if we should have a directory of sponsors for different places with contact info.  That way if even two people who enjoy Newton discussions want to get together for coffee or tea, they can, and also be available for others who might see that as an opportunity for community.

Likewise, a regional representative can help bring scattered groups together a couple times a year for mini-meets.

A side benefit of this structured approach is that it might make it easier to pick locations for the next big yearly meet and have a team of supporters; it also might mean a group can work together for fundraising so the entire regional group can attend a WWNC on a group travel discount, etc., and have prepared or practiced presentations/ideas they ran through in their smaller gatherings.

-Jeff