[NTLK] Starting up NewtonScript programming

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Wed Apr 1 22:03:15 EDT 2020

I just put a Linux command line version online.

http://www.elektriktrick.com/Newton_Install_Linux.html

Besides the path to the Newton ROM, you now have a new option:

--serial=tcp:sever:port

so

--serial=tcp

gives you the default settings that connect to BasiliskII/NTK on the same Linux machine (Basilisk is not available yet). This is also the default connection.

--serial=tcp:ernie

connects to a server named ernie using the default port

--serial=tcp:bert:1234

connects to bert on port 1234

--serial=tcp::1503

connects on the local host, but uses port 1503, and finally

--serial=null

disables the serial port driver.