[NTLK] Fwd: NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 76, Issue 24

Pawel Piotrowski newton at indigi.co.uk
Thu Apr 30 13:51:34 EDT 2020

Hi Guys,

UTC is NOT GMT.

UTC is a time standard. GMT is time zone.

For example, I live in UK. During winter GMT is UTC for me (16:00 UTC is 16:00 for me), but during summer GMT is +1 to UTC for me (16:00 UTC is 17:00 for me).

More here: https://www.timeanddate.com/time/gmt-utc-time.html <https://www.timeanddate.com/time/gmt-utc-time.html>

So, please check again your time zone here: https://www.worldtimebuddy.com <https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/>

Cheers,
Pawel

> On 30 Apr 2020, at 18:26, Laurence W Brown via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net> wrote:
>
> Yes, confusing, as I thought 8h Pacific was 8am. Is it “-8” ?
>
> -L.W. Brown
> via 8s+
>
>> On Apr 30, 2020, at 10:10, Mark Kuberski <berskyboy at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi I just wanted to check the start time for the conference,
>>
>> I opened up the UTC and found out this
>>
>> UTC = 4pm
>> New York = 12pm
>> Paris = 6pm
>>
>> https://www.worldtimebuddy.com <https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/>
>>
>> Can you check, or maybe we can use GMT which is 1 hour difference (5pm) from UTC
>>
>> GMT = 5pm
>>
>> Thoughts,
>>
>> Mark
>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:
>>>
>>> From: newtontalk-request at newtontalk.net
>>> Subject: NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 76, Issue 24
>>> Date: April 30, 2020 at 10:00:02 AM MDT
>>> To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net
>>>
>>> Message: 3
>>> Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 11:41:34 -0400
>>> From: Noah Leon <moosefuel at gmail.com <mailto:moosefuel at gmail.com>>
>>> To: newtontalk at newtontalk.net <mailto:newtontalk at newtontalk.net>
>>> Subject: [NTLK] Conference Links
>>>
>>> Hey everyone,
>>>
>>> I just want to clarify that the links for the presentation are posted here:
>>>
>>> http://wwnc.online <http://wwnc.online/> <http://wwnc.online/ <http://wwnc.online/>>
>>>
>>> Go to the link, scroll down (or zoom in if you are using a less vintage machine) to the part that says DAY 1 SESSION LINK and DAY 2 SESSION LINK. Click on those and you will be prompted to use/install Zoom. Unfortunately Zoom for Newton or Mac OS 9 has not been released yet, so you will have to use a fairly recent machine or phone. The phone or tablet experience will likely require you download the app.
>>>
>>> There is no registration required, but we will kick out any troublemakers.
>>>
>>> Note that the start time is 1600h UTC. This translates to:
>>>
>>> 8h in California
>>> 11h in New York
>>> 16h in London
>>> 17h in Paris