[NTLK] Test wnc meeting room

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Thu Apr 30 17:17:05 EDT 2020

OK, I just installed zoom on my smartphone and watched a lengthy, but very
good video for people who've never used zoom before:

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i-NA563Ojk>

It seems that our meeting room is one of those that requires the presence of
the host in order for a meeting to start. This does make sense, but it would
be cool if you, Pawel, could be present for half an hour at an earlier date
and let us know when this will be. Just in case others on this list, like
yours truly, have never used ZOOM before.

Please be aware that some of us have subscribed to the digest version, so
posting time and date to the list might not be sufficient unless they are
sufficiently after the next digest has been sent.

Another option would be checking the "Enable join before host" checkbox in
the meeting settings now. You can uncheck it a couple of hours before the
meeting actually starts. That way we could work things out among ourselves
in the meantime. Guess we'd find some people on this list willing, and maybe
even eager, to participate in a test run. Would be a pity to notice any
flaws, like a dead microphone, a flaky camera, terrible lighting, or simply
one's inability to understand state of the art meeting software, while the
meeting is already running.

Regards

Frank