[NTLK] Jim's dead Newton

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Wed Jul 8 14:08:20 EDT 2020

Sonny

Well what I'm saying is that when you exchange two identical ROMs (2 ROMs of MP2000 US) there is always a Brain Wipe.
And not only when the ROMs are of different languages. At least that's what happens here at home with two identical Newton 2000 US ROMs. Would I be the only one to whom this happens?

About the French version of NewtonOS, at the time in the corridors of Apple France there was already talk about this version long before February 1998, and we are a rare few to have the MP2x00 manuals translated into French.  If I remember correctly, it was planned to release it before the end of 1998. But as you know in February, it was all over. So NewtonOS in French on the Watson might not be the work of Schlumberger, but that of Apple. Schlumberger would have just had the French ROM before the others. On the other hand I cannot certify this with any official document.

> Le 8 juil. 2020 à 17:45, Sonny Hung <sonnyhung at gmail.com> a écrit :
>> By my understanding Apple officially released two ROMS English and German
> for the MP2000/2100.
>
> The Watson ROM (French), which was a third party development for the French
> Health Care System was not officially released by Apple.
>> God bless,
> Sonny Hung
> the Hung Family

Sylvain Pilet