[NTLK] Idential ROM changes

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Fri Jul 10 07:46:24 EDT 2020

> Well listen, now I'm like an idiot

No, you're not. Idiots are the people who can't accept they can be wrong.
Like this weird US presid... No, Frank, better keep your big mouth shut! Too
many places there you still want to visit.

> By the way, I very rarely drink alcohol, that can't be it either!

That would of course depend on when, and how extensive, the last incarnation
of "rarely" was.

> I can't figure out at what point I lost track of reality?! That I can't
explain.

Well, in this case the explanation is easy. The reason must be yet another
occurrence of FLOUD (Frank's Law Of Unexpected Disappearances).

It does occasionally happen that things, or situations, accidentally slip
into a time level that's marginally shifted relative to the time level you
are currently in. Thus, to all intents and purposes, they've disappeared
from your personal reality, although they're usually but a couple of
milliseconds away. You just can't see, hear, smell, taste or feel them
because human senses only work in the present.

Most things and situations are, thank God, keenly aware of the time level
they SHOULD be in, so they'll usually remedy this problem on their own
within a couple of seconds or minutes at most. That's why most times you
won't even notice they were missing. But if you're looking for them while
they're gone, you'll never find them, because they're considerate of your
mental health and thus avoid appearing out of nothing before your very eyes.

Normally it's sufficient to simply sit back and wait. Relax, have a drink,
and wait for them to do their thing. If you start searching too early,
you'll normally find them a couple of days later where you expected them in
the first place and where you looked at least 20 times.

I normally tell the story of my soldering station here. But that story's as
off-topic as off-topic can be...

Regards

Frank