[NTLK] Thanks for the NEWT/0 updates!

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sat Jul 11 12:50:10 EDT 2020

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 10:20 AM Matthias Melcher <m.melcher at robowerk.de> wrote:

> I like your choice of music in your Twitch video. Some songs had German lyrics. Unexpected and funny ;-)

Thanks for watching! My apologies that the video wasn't anything
particularly interesting as it's been many years since I played with
NewtonScript. As for the music, it was Nectarine Demoscene Radio
<https://www.scenestream.net/demovibes/> and consists of music from
various demo competitions over the years, most of which are held in
Europe. Lots of chiptunes and techno, plus they often tend to be
bizarre songs, so it's fun.

Anyway, back on topic...

> Paul is working on the original Newt/0. His stuff is prestine and perfect, as usual. My old 64bit code for newt/0 was a bit of a hack. Not sure, if he kept that at all. I branched into newt/64 which runs at 64 bits all the way, so NewtonScript integers are 62 bit, all pointers are truly 64 bit, etc. etc. . As usual, my stuff is pretty buggy and just good enough to run with Einstein. ;-)

Your skills are still well beyond mine and you are pushing things
forward at an incredible pace, so no complaints from me about a few
potential bugs. Very cool that newt/64 makes NewtonScript fully
64-bit. I'll definitely have to play with that!

--
Morgan
---