[NTLK] Serial to Bluetooth Project Question

Pawel Piotrowski newton at indigi.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 07:03:37 EDT 2020

> On 21 Jul 2020, at 06:27, Mark Kuberski <berskyboy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m in the process of creating the Apple Modem (Serial to Bluetooth) Project that Pawel and Artur demoed a few weeks back.  I have a few questions.
>
> - How did you mount the components?  Like the 3V to 5V module, or the HC 06 Bluetooth module to the board?  From the wire on the back?

Artur showed everything in his demo: https://youtu.be/yTLqdiSvNqA <https://youtu.be/yTLqdiSvNqA>

HC-06 module have 4 pins. You can desolder pins and solder cables or - like I did - just use jumper cables with male or female connectors.

> - Also, is the polarity of the 5V to 3.3V step down module positive on the left for both ends and right for both ends (meaning on the same side?)

It is depend what type of board you have. Usually, the polarity should be printed on the board. Use a loupe to check it.

Yes, you need to use outside connectors. Inside connectors are data connectors. Remember about polarity too: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/60/e1/3460e10d0b614bf296aa9e89d54b7137.jpg

> - Where did you get the USB cable to program the HC 06 Bluetooth module, will this work?
> https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GS8PG7C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 <https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GS8PG7C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>

You need to be careful. The HC-06  (and others) need TWO voltages: 5V for power and 3.3V for RX, TX signals.

> - Any updates on HC 06 Bluetooth Module info.  I bought this one.  ZS-040
>
> I’m slowly getting better with my soldering skills too, bid shaky,

Gooooood!!! xD

Cheers,
Pawel