[NTLK] Blinking screen, 2100 won’t boot

corpjesters corpjester at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:00:24 EDT 2020

Help! Am new to the list but not to Newton. I tried to fire up my ancient 2100 after eons of non-use, and am getting nothing but a screen that blinks twice repeatedly and then it shuts down.

Have tried: battery pack, AA’s battery sled, two different power adapters (both original Apple), ALL the reset sequences (soft, hard & hardware) as well as opening the case and reseating the ROM daughter card and so far NOTHING. If you can log in to Facebook, see the video posted here in the Newton Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1718579898362694/permalink/2474989839388359/

Any advice or help will be glowingly praised and earn my eternal gratitude.

Cheers and stay safe,
Mike

Sent from my iPhone