[NTLK] Developer news...

Steven Frank stevenf at panic.com
Sat Mar 7 23:05:11 EST 2020

> On Mar 5, 2020, at 8:03 PM, Victor Rehorst <victor at chuma.org> wrote:
>
> Perhaps it's time to re-pack the NewtDevel files into a more modern archive format. A DMG for OS X would make sense I guess?

If it helps, I just re-packed the NewtonDev archive into a .dmg file and put it here:

https://stevenf.com/downloads/NewtonDev.dmg <https://stevenf.com/downloads/NewtonDev.dmg>

(I'm not sure if uploads are functional currently on UNNA, but we can certainly upload it there if they are.)

It's an APFS volume, but appears to have preserved the resource forks.  Or at least, I can see resource forks using the "..namedfork" trick in Terminal:

[stevenf] /Volumes/NewtonDev % ls -l PackType
-rw-r--r--@ 1 stevenf  staff  0 Nov  4  2000 PackType
[stevenf] /Volumes/NewtonDev % ls -l PackType/..namedfork/rsrc
-rw-r--r--  1 stevenf  staff  10506 Nov  4  2000 PackType/..namedfork/rsrc

Steven