[NTLK] Developer news...

Steven Frank stevenf at panic.com
Mon Mar 9 21:46:57 EDT 2020

> On Mar 9, 2020, at 4:50 PM, Jake Bordens <jake at allaboutjake.com> wrote:
>
> Awesome.  My Inspector replacement was limited to 32-bit but if Newt64 is viable it should be an easy replacement. (https://github.com/jake-b/NewtonInspector)

(chanting) Do it, do it!

> I looked at Nova to see about adding syntax highlighting for NewtonScript, but the XML based syntax file scared me away. (  I've also been wondering if we could add a toolchain to XCode, but that seems complicated as well.  How awesome would it be if we could compile a PKG from Xcode?

There are definitely people I can talk to about adding NewtonScript highlighting to Nova. :)  Plus, it can do build tasks too...

So, my next question in all this is what is the process for implementing NOS system calls?  For example, what would be a minimally viable NewtonScript to open a view or a window, and how do we create a binding for that in Newt64 so it does something on the host system when it runs?

Steven