[NTLK] Developer news...

Matthias Melcher m.melcher at robowerk.de
Tue Mar 10 19:58:58 EDT 2020

> On Mar 10, 2020, at 23:28, Matthias Melcher <m.melcher at robowerk.de> wrote:
>

>> On Mar 10, 2020, at 02:46, Steven Frank via NewtonTalk <newtontalk at newtontalk.net> wrote:
>
>> For example, what would be a minimally viable NewtonScript to open a view or a window, and how do we create a binding for that in Newt64 so it does something on the host system when it runs?
>
> It's probably a bit more complicated than that. But lemme try:
>
> A minimal app for NOS 2.1 looks like this:
>
> tmp0001 :=
>    {title: "Application",
>     viewBounds: {left: 0, top: 26, right: 188, bottom: 310},
>     viewFormat: 83951953,
>     _proto: @157 /* protoApp */
>    };
> constant |layout_test.lyt| := tmp0001;

I am amazad to see that Pablo Marx managed to install and run non-graphics parts of existing NewtonOS packages, in this particular case ViewFrame, by loading them into newt/0, setting a few variables, and then simply calling those functions. Awesome!

https://github.com/pablomarx/ROM-Soup/blob/master/ROM%20Soup/NWTAppDelegate.m