[NTLK] Gratitude for WONC 2020

Mark Kuberski berskyboy at gmail.com
Tue May 5 12:30:57 EDT 2020

Hi fellow Newtonians, or MessagePad-ians

I have always wanted to go to a WWNC anywhere, but travel can be complicated.  I hope to be able to in the future!  BUT… with COVID-19 we got the next best (or maybe even better) thing a Worldwide ONLINE conference.  I enjoyed it so much!  Thanks to Noah and Pawel for organizing it, emcee and all the cool videos, links and WONC video footage (to come, no pressure Pawel!).  It was so cool to see Woz there.  I’ve never met him, and I think we could all say, we sort of met him this weekend, such a GEM of Apple and the “nerd” community.  He’s really one of us!

To all the participants, awesome presentation, amazing, smashed out of the park!  I’ve already started using many of the tips, tricks and wonders that we have all uncovered.  Such a great idea, and wonderful to meet and see all of you Newt enthusiasts and Newt legends.  What a great group of folks!

I would gladly attend a bi-weekly, or monthly Newton Users group!  We could all hang out and “nerd” out again!

Thanks again,

Mark

PS.  | have a Macintosh SE with Hypercard installed that I would like to load the Newton Prototype.  I assume the would come from Steve Capps, is there a way to get ahold of him, or anyone have this HyperNewt archived anywhere?  I suppose I could follow the video footage and try and re-create the Newton Prototype myself, but it would be EPIC if that was uncovered and maybe added to UNNA or an other place.