[NTLK] Newton Mail | SMTP NewtonCity: Error 500

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Tue May 26 06:33:31 EDT 2020

“Reading through Simon Bell’s manual, he details how to select a different port in Mail V:

‘Against Mail server enter your IMAP mail server’s name. If you need to specify a port number other than IMAP’s usual 143, append a colon and the number to the server name; ‘”

Yes, this is EXACTLY how I am able to send/receive email using EarthLink’s non-SSL system. I had to change the port, as it demands 587 (IIRC).

Sorry, I have searched for verification on that port # and have not been able to find it. I’ll keep searching, in case it’s needed.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 11