[NTLK] Siemens Note Phone

Sonny Hung sonnyhung at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 16:51:23 EST 2020

Sylvain,

Yes, I'm certain you could make a cable for your French telephone socket.

Here is a picture of the Frank's test on my NotePhone Newton.
https://flic.kr/p/9BsNM

Here is a picture of the lockboard for the Base Unit.
https://flic.kr/p/kRc9f

The bottom curve is the left side of the Base Unit where the speakerphone
speaker is located. Curved White Line

Here is a picture of the portion of the logicboard that I'm thinking is the
problem.
https://flic.kr/p/2gsZR

Searching the internet I think the three black squares are TRI-STATE Octal
Buffers.
They surround solder points which I believe is where the On/Off Hook switch
is located.
I was thinking that this switch is bad or a portion of this circuit is bad
and that's why it's not sensing it properly when it warms up that the
handset is still down.
When the handset is up you should get a dial tone.
Because of this issue it thinks the handset is up all the time and the dial
tone defaults to a busy tone like when you leave your phone off the hook
accidentally.
This is of course the guess of a non-electronics literate person.

I would guess Frank has a better understanding of this problem and
hypothesize a more cogent theory.

If anyone has any idea how to fix this please chime in.

God bless,

Sonny Hung
the Hung Family