[NTLK] Sunburst Software

Doug Denby ddenby at rogers.com
Mon Nov 16 13:23:20 EST 2020

Greetings,

I am a long time enthusiast of Newton Message Pads. Many years ago, when the latest and greatest Macintosh OS was 7.0, a company called Sunburst Communications operating out of Pleasantville, New York was selling Newton software designed for teachers. I used it.

And, I still have all of the original 3.25 disks, and the extensive manuals that were distributed in bright orange 3-ring binders.

The software that I have is for Newton 2.0 OS, and Mac OS 7.5.

There is “Learner Profile”, a program for teacher records, that the teacher uses to record observations of students. Bar codes can be used, if the Newton is equipped with the appropriate hardware.

Simple checkmarks are used to identify observable behaviours expected in lessons.

“Grade Point” is another program that, obviously, can easily record student attendance records and marking scores.

“Learner Profile” is a great third program in Sunburst’s line up of Newton software.

Am I the only one on this list who has used these?

Doug