[NTLK] Notephone and OMP/MP100 issues

Michael Pick mpick at mac.com
Wed Nov 18 12:46:57 EST 2020

Thanks for posting this video! Very informative, I need to find something similar for my 130 (perhaps my favorite MP) as it is acting up.

The video inspired me to take out my MP100 and sure enough, the sound was dead. I had the capacitors on hand and so followed the video advice and replaced the sound and the display capacitors.

However! My operation went a little sideways when one of the pads came up with the old sound capacitor. I dunno if leakage loosened the pad, because it didn’t take much effort for it to come loose, but I managed after a couple of tries to scratch open the trace and forge a tiny connection there so that the sound was operational with the new capacitor.

Mike