[NTLK] Newton appears in Apple developer video

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 8 19:25:04 EDT 2020

(Snip) “(which that plus SIRI dictation on a color touchscreen computer the size of a Watch is truly amazing)”....

AND this version of Siri seems to be MUCH better and voice recognition!

I had pretty much given up on using Siri for all but o the most rudimentary commands (the other day I asked for a list of Zip codes for Denver, CO and its response was “I can’t find a Zip code for that place.” I tried first just asking for DENVER, then DENVER, COLORADO. Nope.

I got the same response from the Apple Watch, so it must be a system thing. But other requests that were useless on the iPhone actually work on the Watch.

I wrote Rosetta! Rosetta! Rosetta! On the Watch screen...and, nothing. Part of the problem is that there isn’t a note taking app like on the Newton. Any notes written are designed to be sent somewhere...Mail, iMessages. So there isn’t an interpreter quite the same...but I suppose it could do it in the HWR.

Damn. Really wanted to see “Hey, that’s me!” No luck. Still works on the MP2x00 though.

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 11