Re: NTLK ? Re: Ethernet set up

From: Victor Rehorst (
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 00:06:18 EST

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999 wrote:

> In a message dated 12/29/99 3:31:32 PM, writes:
> << Go to your local computer store and get a "crossover" ethernet cable. >>
> Thank to all,
> Will I be needing this in addition to the ethernet adaptor or in place of
> it?

I'm assuming here that the cable on your ethernet card terminates in a
male RJ45 plug, right? If so, you should grab an RJ45 coupler in addition
to the crossover cable. The coupler is just a widget with two female RJ45
jacks that will let you attatch two cables together.

If the cable on your ethernet card terminates in a female RJ45 jack,
you'll just need the crossover cable.

-----Victor Rehorst - |
--------President, Computer Science Club of the University of Guelph--------
-------Homepage & Newton stuff:
--"He's a sharp little fellow. Talented. Only a little nuts." -M. Dyomin--

This month's NewtonTalk brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ultimate Political Junkie site on the 'Net.

The Clinton Administration, the George Bush
2000 Campaign, and almost every other major
U.S. politician has said something nasty
about us at some time. Find out why at:


Need Subscribe/Unsubscribe info?

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue Feb 01 2000 - 00:01:02 EST