NTLK Re: Swapping guts

From: KCole (quickink@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 00:07:09 CDT


>on 9/1/00 12:32 PM, Gruendel, Frank 3837 PPE-WT at
>Frank.Gruendel@de.heidelberg.com wrote:

>> 5) Hgrmmm... what on earth is the english word for "use a screwdriver to
>> turn a screw counterclockwise until it comes out"??? Could a kind soul
> >please post this?

>Well, you said it just about as well as I could have. I suppose you could
>say "unscrew," but it doesn't necessarily carry all that you said in its
>meaning. Is there a German word that says all that? Wow.
>-Jon Glass

Undoubtably there is, and its direct translation to english: "useascrewdrivertoturnascrewcounterclockwiseuntilitcomesout" <|:-)

NewtonTalk brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM -- the ESPN of politics on the Internet! All the players, all the news, and the hottest analysis and features (plus 'toons!) anywhere.... visit http://www.evote.com today!

Need Subscribe/Unsubscribe info?

Visit the NewtonTalk section at http://www.planetnewton.com

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Tue Sep 12 2000 - 00:00:06 CDT