[NTLK] Anyone Using EZPresenter from EZShow

From: Dave Abramowitz (underdog_at_erols.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 10:19:51 EDT

Probably one of the best apps I have on the u2000. I have the EZ2VGA card
from EZShow (http://www.ezshow.com). For those of you that may be unfamiliar
with it, this card allows you to (a) display the output from the Newt onto a
monitor/TV/Projector, and the software that's bundled with it also allows
you to export Powerpoint presentations from a PC to Newt PKG format. Seems
their web site is trimmed down quite a bit from what it used to be, and now
they are only selling the EZ2TV card (http://www.ezshow.com/prod01.htm) for
$334, but I've got to tell you, when you go up to the podium to give a
Powerpoint presentation, and you whip out your Newton, eyeballs open wide.
What's really cool about it is that you can also draw on the slide on your
Newt, in a number of different colors, to highlight any part of your slides.
Plus, unlike Powerpoint, you can view your speaker notes without them
showing up on the projector.

I just exported a 3MB Powerpoint presentation into a 1 MB Newt pkg, just to
give you an idea of sizes.

I haven't seen this app/card combo mentioned on the list (at least not in a
while) and thought I'd remind you guys/gals about a very cool Newton
app/card, that is still being sold.

- Dave