Re: [NTLK] RIM Wireless Modem for Sale Newton Compatible

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2001 - 22:34:33 EDT

on 8/3/01 8:16 PM, Mark Rollins at mark_at_mrollins.com wrote:

> Subject: Re: [NTLK] RIM Wireless Modem for Sale Newton Compatible
> From: Peter Cameron <pdwc_at_sympatico.ca>
>
>> I have an AllPoints card (same as the RIM in most respects AFAIK) and it
>> puts up the "A communication card has been inserted" slip. But there's
> not a
>> whole lot one can do with it after that. From a Mac you can send AT commands
>> to it with any term program. I haven't tried a term program with it on the
>> Newt yet. I'm sure others have though.
>
> I'm confused. The card I have doesn't give this message.
> Are you using an MP2000/2100? The card was designed with the MP130
> originally, so it may only give this msg on a 130?
> You're right tho - it's the same as the RIM vard.

    I'm using an MP2K. I tried it in the lower card slot. Possibly there's a
difference putting the card in the upper slot?
    Also ... altho I was told a term program could address the card on my
PowerBook, I haven't been able to talk to it with Zterm, apart from some
gibberish. Claris Emailer can see it no problem and it comes up on the
desktop.