[NTLK] Bee-one Database - Registration codes

From: C.W. Otto Sohn (oky_at_avalon.net)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 15:00:02 EDT

Peter Schumacher of 4D Consulting replied! He's just great in responding to
eMails.

Here's what he wrote yesterday (in German) with my translation:

At 1:23 AM +0200 8/4/01, TechSupport wrote:
>Guten Abend,
>
> kaufen geht nicht mehr. Versuchen Sie das hier:
>

>Company: Software & Consulting
>Key: 1-EUYSEKCICW-1017
>
>User name: Peter Schumacher
>user Key: 1-HOEMKEICIQ-ECIOWOCEWR-1018
>
>Damit sollte es funktionieren.

TRANSLATION:
        [You can't buy it (Bee-one) any longer. Try this one here:

        Bee-one Hive (on the Mac):

        Company: Software & Consulting
        Key: 1-EUYSEKCICW-1017

        Bee-one (on the Newton):

        User name: Peter Schumacher
        user Key: 1-HOEMKEICIQ-ECIOWOCEWR-1018

        That should do it.]

****

Today he replied to my plea to publish these keys on NTLK:

At 7:53 PM +0200 8/4/01, TechSupport wrote:
>Guten Abend!
>
>Von mir aus, aber es gibt keinen Support mehr daf=FCr. Ich kann mir zwar
>vorstellen, dass es noch mit 4D v6.5.x funktioniert, bei v6.7 wird's aber
>kritisch. Daf=FCr ist das Bee-one PlugIn schon etwas alt.
>
>Falls es doch jemand mit v6.5/v6.7 versucht w=E4re ich an den Ergebnissen
>interessiert. :)
>
>--------- Begin Original Message-----
>
>Und: darf ich diese Freischaltcodes auf der NewtonTalk Liste
>ver=F6ffentlichen, sodass auch andere Newton Benutzer in den Genuss dieser
>Database kommen?
>

>--------- End Original Message-----
>

>Mit freundlichen Gruessen
>4D-Consulting.com
>Technischer Support
>Web: http://www.4D-Consulting.com
>Tel: 0800-43.46.367 =3D 0800-4D-Infos
>Tel: +49-(0)-611-9406.850
>Fax: 0800-43.46.637, Internl: +49-(0)-611-9406.744

TRANSLATION:
        [I have no objections (to posting the above keys), but
        there is definitely no support whatsoever. I can imagine
        that it still works with v. 6.5.x of 4D, but with v. 6.7
        it's going to be "iffy". The Bee-one PlugIn is somewhat
        dated in that respect.

        If anyone would like to try it with v. 6.5/6.7 I'd be
        interested in the results.

        (...)]

****

So, if you want to give Bee-one a try, you can download it at:

<http://www.4D-Consulting.com/beeone>.

Some of the webpages are not linked and some graphics don't load, but you
can download the documentation as a SIT archive and read all that's missing
from there.

NOTE: The connection app "Bee-one Hive" is MAC only, but Bee-one can be
used (with limited functionality of course) as a standalone app on your
Newton.

NOTE 2: The NEW archives (08/03/2001) on the FTP site seem to be corrupted,
but the older ones work perfectly fine. But I recommend just using the
links on the Download page. They all work with the exception of "B1
ImageField.pkg".

Please let Peter Schumacher know of your experience concerning connection
with 4D v. 6.5/6.7; and anyone who uses it should send him a note,
appreciating his efforts and generosity.

His eMail is:

<mailto:TechSupport2_at_4D-Consulting.com>.

AGAIN: Remember, that there is _NO_ Tech Support for Bee-one. DO NOT
bombard him with technical questions!!! If you have questions, read the
documentation and post any remaining queries here on NTLK.

That's it for today.

Otto

PS: I'm on the NTLK digest, so I won't be able to read any of your feedback
before the next digest is sent. If you want to, you can "Cc:" me your
feedback and questions (or do it off-list altogether).