Re: [NTLK] Flash memory question

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 11:40:00 EDT

> I need more storage space. Where can I get a 4MB card? I've got a
> few 2mb cards (I'm using one now) but prefer not to swap cards.

    This may sound a bit strange, but you can convert a few 2 Mb cards into
a larger one if they´re "intel series 2 Flash cards".

    I had 3 of these cards, their number starts with IMC002FLSA..., they
have a pink band on the top and has "flash" written with green letters.

    You have to open them. Desolder the flash chips and solder all of them
on one card. OK you need good soldering skills for this.
    There are 4 resistences that tells the card how much memory it has.
Just change them to the number of chips you have. IIRC you can use 2, 4, 8,
16 and 20 megs.

    I wouldn´t recommend to do this if they are your only cards. Only if
you have them forgotten in a shelf.

    Tell me if you need more help if you try it.

Daniel Padilla