Re: [NTLK] A new 2100

From: Filmer, Paul E (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 14:24:10 EDT

This gets tricky with several pages, especially when the number of icons is
exactly the same in portrait as in landscape -- the question is: "how do you
move icons from one page to another?"

Here's how I do it: I use Extras Layout by SBM to change the horizontal vs.
vertical icon spacing until a different number of icons show up in the two
orientations, then I simply place the icon I want to move as far up (down)
as it will go, switch orientation, and hey presto! It's on the previous
(following) page. I can then adjust within that page from there. I used this
to group all icons with similar functions together
(a)Dock/Outlink/Videophone/WriteHere/PT100/EZShow;
(b) TimeZones/Clock/WakeUpCall/BigCountdown/NetTime/Dates/BluePrint2;
(c) SBMUtils/SoupKitchen/pieChart/SoupTransport; etc. etc. and ditto for the
Extensions folder, all fonts together etc.)

I have also noticed that the icons remember two different positions where
they were on a page: when they are thawed and when they are frozen. So be
aware that icons may wander when you thaw them, and not be where you expect
them...

Paul F.