Re: [NTLK] Nokia Phone Card

From: Dakkar (ceccarel_at_cibs.sns.it)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 15:16:20 EDT

On 20010807114346, GertThiel_at_gmx.net wrote:
> I consider to by a Nokia Phone Card to use with my Newton 2100.
I did, too. Then bought a Nokia 7110.

> Does someone have experiences with that GSM card? Does it work?
There are some problems with it:
- it costs more than a real phone
- it's quite hard to use for voice calls (esp. receiving them)
- it has no battery on its own

So I bought a Nokia phone with internal modem (7110, 65*, 8*),
connected it to the Newt with a cable (Ir won't work, since the Newton
as an incomplete implementation of IrDA (the standard wasn't fully
written when the Newt came out)), and it works flawlessly.
Instructions: http://www.thenautilus.net/HW/hardware.en.html

--

Dakkar - ceccarel_at_cibs.sns.it <Mobilis in mobile>

"Nuclear war can ruin your whole compile." -- Karl Lehenbauer