Re: [NTLK] Eithernet Problems

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 08 2001 - 19:33:25 EDT

At 11:36 AM 8/8/01, you wrote:
>From: "John M. Powell" <iwillbefreedotcom_at_earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Eithernet Problems
>Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:29:10 -0500
>

>15% restocking fee when you are trying to swap for the correct
>card?!
>
>Tell him to fix it or you'll notify the BBB and a rather hefty sized
>newton group list.

OOh! THAT'll get him quaking in his boots! A toothless
self-regulatory collective and hundreds of Newties waving their
styli at him! :-)

Seriously, I'd file a credit card company dispute if you paid
that way.

If you paid cash, I'd mail the card back slow boat with a copy
of the invoice and/or order statement with the model number
highlighted and letter pointing out the difference between what
you ordered and what you received, and demanding a full refund
plus return shipping expenses.

If you get anything less you'll have to take him to Judge Judy. :-(

Too bad this happened. I hope you get some satisfaction. People
who misrepresent Eithernet cards should either be severely
scolded or forced to make restitution, or both.

-Jeremy